Friday, September 9, 2011

Out of Control

I wrote this some time ago and reflect on it from time to time to keep things in perspective.

Out of control

People,places,things change. Out of my control.
People live,people die. Out of my control.
Your choices,your decisions, your actions. Out of my control. 
The weather,the sun,the stars. Out of my control.
My choices,my actions,my fait. In my control. 
My hopes,my dreams, my aspirations. In my control.
My life.is.in.MY.control.
My choices and actions or lack there of define my life. I can choose to live a happy and fulfilling life.
 I can choose to allow others to determine my fait.
 I can choose to be in control of my life. 
That doesn't make me evil or selfish. It allows me to be the best person I can possibly be for myself,my family,my coworkers, or be the worst. It's my choice, it's in my control.

3 comments:

  1. Jennifer, I am nothing if not extreme. I love your intentions here. I thought of this shape shifting.

    Servitude

    I tried to snap ropes
    that tether me to your gate,
    tearing through my skin
    when I try escape.

    I am mottled with my own
    blood trails and the ropes
    slip through my cracked claws
    so slick with me they've become.

    I can choose my flight
    but the price is high.
    I have yet to be willing
    to chew through my parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. It brought to mind a thought , to be free from bondage at some point we must ' chew through our parts.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. On a key chain
    Dangling there
    Maybe a conversation piece
    Dyed a garish shade of blue
    You may have a paw
    But the rest of me
    Is away

    ReplyDelete