Saturday, August 25, 2012

Half in shadow,half in light

While gazing at the moon this evening I was inspired to complete a piece I've been working for some time now. I rarely if ever write of my childhood/early adulthood as it is a place I do not ever care to be in, never ever again...

I tried to tell you but you didn't hear.
My cries were loud and full of fear.
I tried to show you but you didn't see.
The years of pain and agony.
My soul they were breaking.
Multiplicity in the making.
A pattern,and trend.
Always safety around the bend.
I cannot reach it because you cannot hear.
You cannot see.
The tangled mess is inside of me.
One strike two strikes floor.
Three strikes four strikes more.
Just stay still, doesn't work.
Run away, doesn't work.
Fight back, it only gets worse.
Beaten, tattered, torn.
I divide.
A body of want,and need. I want unconditional love,acceptance,praise. I need safety.
Then there is the body of get.
The body of want and need join in harmony and lay in wait.
The body of get becomes a shell.
Doomed to face eternal hell.
Which will win this horrifying fight?
Not again. Not another night.
The boards,the belts,the fists,the guns. The bruises,bumps, and broken bones. No no not again,I cannot last another fight. At last I break free. I must flee. As I realize it's either him or me. One will not wake to see the dawn if I stay. Bitter sweet. At an awful,unbearable price. I break out of the body of get,and become the body of want and need. Which I must now feed so it may flourish and become whole again so I may regain what I painstakingly,heartbreakingly had to leave behind. One day I will be whole again, one day.

4 comments:

  1. Whole again
    the way I was before
    they took the pin
    Out of the wheel
    And the spokes fell off
    Broken and torn
    Tattered and beaten
    On the ground you'll
    Find me bleeding
    My souls blood out
    needing the world to be
    a gentle place
    If but for a day
    Knowing that one more
    Pain will take away
    My need to keep
    Breathing for real
    on this hill I climb
    It is the one on which
    You'll find me
    Making a final stand
    this one I choose
    I will upright fight from
    The top...my life
    this is the hill worth
    Dying on

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Top

    Such glorious place to be.
    The beauty of it resonates in my soul.
    To look back upon the climb.
    A rough, washed out path.
    Always two steps forward and one step back.
    Many obstacles in the road.
    It's hard to imagine being at the bottom where I started from.
    Feeling accomplished as I soak in my triumph.
    As I soak in the glory of my upright stance upon the top of my hill worth dying on.
    Oddly my troubles seem so small from here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you too Christopher. Thank you for your guidance, and for your encouragement to write and share of ourselves. You are truly a blessing in our lives!

    ReplyDelete